How are these awesome reel made? Click here!
Driven by customer demand and guided by industry expert and author Ken Kessler, our 7" reel shares many of the same specs as our 10.5" Studio reel but is made to showcase the 2x2 pure carbon fiber without a finish applied.
Our 7" reels have a solid aluminum hub and each flange is made of 13 layers of pure high quality aviation grade carbon fiber with a satin finish. These reels simply blow away any plastic or aluminum reel that was made back in the day. If you have precious vintage recordings, quality master recordings and are worried about tape scrape damaging them or you are looking for the most solid take-up reel possible, this is it.
"I must say that I have never seen any spools built like the RX spools, nor did I expect to see performance gains of the level which both the 10.5-inch and now the 7-inch delivered." -Ken Kessler, PS Audio Copper Magazine
"We were staggered. Running a finger over the spooled tape reveals no unevenness, no ridges. It made me think of (and I compared them to) fresh blank tape as it arrived from the factory. For this alone, anyone who uses 7-inch spools on a regular basis should purchase at least one for critical playback of treasured tapes." -Ken Kessler, PS Audio Copper Magazine
- 7”, ¼" tape spool for open reel tape player
- Each flange is held to a custom solid aluminum hub with 6 screws (3 screws per side for an ultra secure fit). We do not use common "barrel bolts".
- Each hub has a nano-grip surface and wide cut-outs near the hub to improve tape threading
- Each flange is made at our factory with solid 3K (2x2) aviation grade carbon fiber with a satin finish
- We do not use pre-made carbon fiber plates as these do not meet our specifications for flatness
- Each flange is 2.3 mm thick and is extremely dense, strong & light
- RXR logo is laser etched on one side and creates a "ghosted" appearance
- Each reel is handmade in the Pacific Northwest, USA
- Each reel is laser etched with an individual serial number
- Includes a standard storage box.
- Price is per single reel.
Carbon fiber flanges are strong yet light to resist bending, warping and scratching. Because they are very rigid and don’t flex, they spin truer, which reduces motor wear, and some say that the reels sound better as a result.
Hubs are made to 1/1000ths specifications under ISO 9000 certification standards to ensure precision and balance. This improves tape alignment and packing.
Flange cut-outs have a function-first design to ease tape threading.
Hubs have nano-grip texture to improve tape threading without risk of damage to the tape.
Risk-free purchase. We check out each reel before it ships but know that if it's not right for some reason simply let us know within 30 days of purchase. We want you to be happy. If we can not make it right, we will refund your money in full.
All products sold within the United States are shipped via Fedex or UPS. Due to current service delays, we do not offer shipping via the United States Postal Service. Orders are typically shipped within 1 business day.
You will have the ability to select the speed of shipping service at the time of checkout using our discounted rates.
At this time, international shipping is to select locations only. Rates will display for areas we currently serve.